In computing, a data warehouse (DW or DWH), is a system used for reporting and for data analysis, and is considered a core component of business intelligence. DWs are central repositories of integrated data from one or more disparate sources. They store current and historical data and are used for creating analytical reports for workers throughout the enterprise.
Examples of reports could range from annual and quarterly comparisons and trends to detailed daily sales analysis.
What is Business Intelligence?
• The gathering of data from multiple sources to present in a way that allows
executives to make effective business decisions.
• The transformation of data into knowledge.
Why use Business Intelligence?
• To understand your business, your opportunities and to identify missed opportunities.
• To make your business as efficient and competitive as possible.
• To understand the health of the organization.
• To enable a common understanding of the business across the organization.
• To make effective decisions based on accurate and timely information.
Data Warehouse Automation
Data warehouse automation or DWA refers to the process of accelerating and automating the data warehouse development cycles, whilst assuring quality and consistency. DWA is believed to provide automation of the entire lifecycle of a data warehouse, from source system analysis to testing to documentation. It helps improve productivity, reduce cost, and improve overall quality.
Dissect IM Software
A Data Warehouse Automation software that generates your environments from the system metadata that you have uploaded.
The software generates the structures and routines to populate and manage the system without any programming.
It is integrated with source systems and reporting software to give an end-to-end solution tailored to your business needs. It enables the user to manage the system from a browser application and allows reports to be visible on PC, tablet or phone.